10 reason’s why I love the blues.
I love to listen to Jazz radio when I am working, but I love the Blues. The journey of blues music or genre has been a very arduous one. The primary reason is well of-course racial, as it has it’s origins are in the slaves of black america. It has been said that if the English/British guys hadn’t started playing electric blues, than the blues genre wouldn’t have got the respectable place now it commands in the history of music.
I got into blues very late in life, a close friend introduced me to this genre and since I have been blown over. I will talk about my favourite blues songs/singer on a Podcast which I am planning since some time.
So why do I love the blues? I am pondering here…
- I maybe sad, and feel I have got company when I listen to these guys singing about their hard times or the woman who has left him.
- The blues are very useful and not vague and stupid. It talks about real life & not fantasy. In a sense its very rooted and is doesn’t delve on escapism.
- I like the piano as well as guitar blues, the 12 bar music gets me grooving.
- I honestly think the blacks have more sense of rhythm and I believe it is more original, Jazz is basically pretentious white blues music. (no offence meant, love Jazz too)
- Blue is my favourite colour.
- It respects woman, I haven’t come across a single blue song where the woman is not respected, unlike rock or hip hop which is very abusive.
- The blues can be excellent means of expressing your immediate problems or a very topical current issue, hence it can be a awesome tool for social change.
- Because Rock & Roll was inspired by the Blues.
- Being a blues guitarist is more difficult than a rock guitarist.
- Blues is as simple as it gets, its cheeky, its smart, it gives a chance for ordinary people to become smart.