1 cup Tuvar (Toor) Daal
1 Pinch Turmeric Powder
Salt To Taste
1/2 tsp Jaggery
1 Pinch Asafoetida
1 tbsp Ghee
2 Dry Red Chillies
1/4 tsp Cumin Seeds
3 Garlic Cloves
- Pressure cook tuvar dal with sufficient water and turmeric powder.
- Mash the dal, after it has been cooked.
- Chop the garlic cloves finely.
- Heat the ghee in a pan, add cumin seeds, dry red chillies and garlic cloves. Fry till they pop up.
- Add the dal with 2 cups of water and salt.
- Cook until the toor daal boils, then add jaggery. Cook for 4-5 minutes more.
- When the tuvar dal is cooled add lemon juice and serve.